Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Autumn

September 22, 2017

Good morning.  Today is the start of Autumn, and my goodness it is dreary!  This morning has been gray with a bit of wind until a few minutes ago.  Then the rain came.  It is pouring!  Across the street, someone is shredding a lot of wood, trees, roof tiles, etc. and it is rather noisy.  Poor Pogo doesn't know whether to bark or hide under his blanket. 

We were going out to do a few errands today, but now I'll have to see what the rest of the day's weather is like.  Maybe if the rain lets up this afternoon I'll feel like going out.  The older I get, I'm not so crazy about driving in the rain and snow, etc.

The other day I placed an order for more yarn, but then later I realized I had not ordered the right amount of some of the colors.  This morning I received an email offering me free shipping, so I went back online and ordered more yarn.  I will definitely have enough now to keep me busy for quite a while.  At least I think I do.  haha.

Last night I put the fringe on both of the scarves that I made and started one of the hats.  When these two sets are finished, I will have one more set to make.  Slowly, but surely, I'm getting all my projects done. 

Here's a photo of the toddler hooded vest kit that I ordered.  I thought I'd try to make two of these for my two youngest great granddaughters.


One rather interesting item that I found in the Herrschner catalogue is for lighted crochet hooks and knitting needles.  They are battery operated.  Can you imagine?  What will they think up next?


I got another new catalogue in yesterday's mail.  This one is called Signals.  I love looking at all  the tee shirt sayings in these catalogues.  Here's one I love.  I can relate to this one.  haha

This morning I'm waiting for the mailman to get here.  I have a whole stack of mail to give him.  Most of it is bills.  (what else is new?)   There's also a couple entries for the Publishers Clearing House.  Do I really think they will ever show up at my door with that huge check?  Of course not, but somehow it's nice to think that it is possible. 

Well, the morning is drifting away and I still have to wash the breakfast dishes.  My goodness, I just can't wait to do that.  (yup, right!)  Tomorrow night, we're all going back to see Jazzy in the Western Theme at the Paris Cabaret again.  This was very enjoyable and I can't wait to see it again.

That's about it for news this morning.  So, till Sunday, Y'all be safe and have an awesome weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

No comments: