Monday, September 18, 2017

The Last Days Of Summer

September 18, 2017

Good morning.  This morning is cool and gray with a slight breeze.  Temps will get up to around 71F degrees today.  At some point the rain should be coming this way.  Our weather forecast for the next few days calls for rain and wind.  How much we get remains to be seen.  It's sort of a sad way to celebrate the end of summer.  Yup, these are our last days of summer.  Try to enjoy them.

Today, Pogo and I will take a ride back to the jewelers store to leave my ring.  I never take the ring off, so  the band wore very thin and broke years ago.  I've been wearing it with tape on the band all this time.  I don't like to take my ring off.  Even worse, I don't like leaving it anywhere.  But now, it can't be helped.  It really needs to be fixed.

While we are at the plaza where the jewelry store is, we'll stop in at the pet supply store too.   So far, Pogo has been eating some of the doggie food that we bought there the other day.  We need to pick up a few more little tins of it.  If Pogo will eat it, I'll buy it for him.

I'm going to have to get serious about a new yarn order.  I finished up three dolly dresses over the last few days and now my hands are feeling too idle.  My hands like to be busy when I am sitting down to watch TV, or just resting.  As soon as I can decide on the colors, I will start a new afghan.  

These are the colors of the dresses that I finished over the weekend.  The first photo is called Grape Fizz.  The second one is Watercolor, and the third one is Wildflower.




This morning, I'm watching a story about spousal abuse.  It's really horrifying to see what a lot of men and women go through before they are able to ask for help.  I know from counseling some of these women (in years past) just how difficult it is to reach a point where they can walk out of the relationship.  Sometimes they can leave with their children, and sometimes they have to leave them behind.  It's really a sad situation.

Soon I will have to get dressed.  Once the mail comes, Pogo and I will be ready to leave to do our errands.  I need to wash the breakfast dishes too.  On that happy note I'll take my leave.  So,  till tomorrow, Y'all have an awesome day.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

smiekeltje said...

All 3 yarns make a beautiful mix.
It will be funny not wearing your ring. I don;t know how long it will take to mend it again, but sure understand you want your ring back soon as possible.
We are getting some nice weather over here this week. More sunshine than clouds, perhaps a bit of rain here and there. Temps in the afternoon may get to 20C again. WHOOOOOOOOO!!
Let's try to take advantage of it, because it can be over real soon again.
Perhaps will make just a little walk this afternoon and if the sun stays, Jan can sit a bit in the garden and take in some sunshine.
A walk isn;t really possible now. First the belly has to diminish, for first the tension on it.
It will be a longer way to recover than we think perhaps.
We'll see.
Goling on to your next posts.
Hug
Kyra