Sunday, November 5, 2017

I Had An Awesome Birthday!

November 5, 2017

Good morning.  Tis a bit cloudy outside, but it is warmer.  And I'm still here.  That makes it a great day.  The leaves on the big trees out front are turning yellow now.  A few cold nights let them know that it was time to change colors. 

Well, I have to say that yesterday was a super day for me.  My son called, and we had a nice long chat and caught up on each other's news.  A big box came in the mail from Audrey.  It contained a beautiful hand made scarf and some jars of home made cranapple butter and relishes.  Yum!  There was also a little box in there for me.  Inside was a beautiful bracelet that granddaughter Andi had made for me.  Wow!

In the afternoon, Pogo and I had a nice nap, then I made him a plate of hamburger for his supper.  Around 6:30 p.m. Deanne, Eddie and Kevin picked me up and we went to the Paris Cabaret to watch a performance of Fiddler On The Roof. 

Folks, just saying it was awesome just doesn't do it justice.  I loved it!  We all enjoyed it tremendously.  The actors played their parts so well, and of course, the music was simply wonderful.  We weren't allowed to take pictures or videos, but Jazzy ordered me a DVD of the show for my birthday.  When it comes, I'll see if I can't capture one of the songs with my camera.

Janice had to work, but I got to see her later.  We picked her up from work on the way back to my house.  At home, Deanne gave me a birthday bag and a huge bouquet of flowers.  In the bag were some new solar thingies for my porch railing, a card with lots of scratch tickets and a personal sized lemon meringue pie.  Guess what Pogo and I will be having for lunch today?  I will be taking more photos today of all my new goodies to share tomorrow.

Here are some photos from last night.




The first photo is my daughter Deanne, in the middle is SIL Eddie, me and Kevin, and the last photo is Jazzy and me.  I'm sitting on a tall stool, so I look taller.  I know I say it a lot, but I am so blessed.

So, it's official.  I am now seventy eight years old.  When I was younger, I never gave much thought to how I would feel at this age.  Now that I'm here, I have to say that it feels pretty darn good!

I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes.  I had to call Audrey this morning to learn how to post a thank you on my Face Book page.  Technology has gone way past me.
 
Now I have some dishes to wash, and laundry to put away.  I may even chase after a few of the dust bunnies. After that it will be time to crochet and watch TV.   So, till tomorrow, Y'all have a fantabulous day.

Hugs, Edna B.

3 comments:

LV said...

Glad you had a great birthday. I had my 88th last August and so happy to have it. Make the best of each day.

mary said...

Happy birthday if its not to late I love reading your blog but cant get to share mine They changed everything with googleplus now and im lost anyway I read your blog everyday and find it so interesting so thank you.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday Edna, and Laura Jean!

Hi Edna,
I was hoping to catch you before you went to the show last night but didn't quiet manage it but so glad we had a chance to talk this morning. I am so happy that your birthday was such a wonderful one and yes mam, your Blessed indeed.

I got the kitchen cleaned and now I need to catch up on my blog as well. It has been too long so I need to get it done. Have an awesome day my friend... xx Cisco sends Birthday Woof's! Love, Beth and Cisco