Friday, May 18, 2018

Now The Tractor Doesn't Work. Oy Vey!

May 18, 2018

Good morning.  The sun is shining, it's rather cool today, and the breeze is quite brisky.  So far, the wind has blown most of the petals on the Blossoming Cherry tree over the roof of the house and dropped them all over my driveway.  Sort of like a pink snowfall. 

I had an appointment with my new doctor today, but I called to reschedule it.  For some reason, I just could not get to sleep most of the night.  By morning, I just didn't feel like going.  I'll be going next month instead. 

The tractor lawnmower died a few days ago while Joe was mowing the grass.  He could not get it started again, so yesterday Cliff (a friend of Eddie's) came by to have a look.  He took the battery with him to get it charged and brought it back this morning.  That did not fix things though.  The starter was dead too.  Oy vey! 

He has a starter back home, so he took the starter with him to see if it is the same as his starter.  If it is, he'll be back this weekend to try to fix the tractor.  If that doesn't work, then I guess I'll have to look around for another one that is affordable. 

My little Lilac bush seems to be doing pretty good this year.  It blossomed for Mother's Day.  Woo Hoo!  This bush is supposed to be a re-bloomer, so I'm hoping it blooms again later in the year.  Here's a photo I took a couple days ago.


Yesterday, Deanne gave me Jazzy's upcoming schedule at the Paris Cabaret, so I called and made reservations for June 2.  Jazzy and the Starliners will be performing the "Fabulous Las Vegas" from then until June 23.  It should be a great show.

Last night, I crocheted a while on the Cranberry afghan.  Somewhere along the way, I think I started using a different hook, one size smaller, and I did not notice it until I had put on quite a few more rows.  Ah well, it still looks nice, but I guess I'll have to keep this one for myself. 

I also worked on the tissue dolly's outfit, and finally finished it.  This one is really quite pretty.  Gosh, they all are.  Here's a photo of my Blue Dolly.


I think the next dolly will be Light Gold if I can find a variegated yarn to match it.  I'll have to take a look in my stash to see what I have for colors.  I also want to make a list of colors for each afghan and who the afghan is for.  Between this year and next year, I'd like to make nine more afghans for my great grandchildren so that each child has one.  The year before last, I made afghans for two of them, so just nine more to go.  (Unless, of course, any more come along!)

Well, I have a couple errands to do, so I think I'll get dressed now.  Pogo will be very happy to go for a ride and maybe do a bit of shopping.  So, till Sunday, Y'all have a great weekend.

Hugs, Edna B.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Your lilac bush is so pretty. I love lilacs. My sister gave me a baby off of her bush two years ago. It is doing well but no flowers yet. But then again it is still small. Maybe next year. Hope you get your tractor fixed.